The Dealmaster is back with another rendition of the best discounts we can find from across the web. You can find our full roundup further down, but below are a few of the highlights we’re seeing as of this writing:
Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Featured deals of the day
10 percent off various Nintendo eShop gift cards and Xbox gift cards at Amazon and Best Buy
Here’s a simple one. If you’re looking to buy a few Nintendo or Xbox games—or want to gift some store credit to a loved one over the holidays—Best Buy and Amazon are currently offering 10 percent discounts on various gift cards for the two gaming companies’ respective storefronts. That means you can get a $50 Nintendo eShop gift card for $45, a $100 Xbox gift card for $90, and so on. This deal has popped up a few times in the past, and they’re not the biggest discounts we’ve seen, but it’s money saved either way. Best Buy says its offer will last through today only, so we expect Amazon’s discounts to follow suit.
Buy 2, Get 1 Free Sale on various video games, books, board games, toys at Amazon and Target
This is another one we’ve seen before, but right now both Amazon and Target have thrown a range of games, books, movies, and other items into “buy two, get one free” sales. In other words, if you add three items included in the sale to your cart, the cost of the cheapest eligible item will be knocked off entirely at checkout.
We’ll level with you: each sale has a lot of junk, so you might have to browse and filter through the selections to make them worth your while. There are some desirable options, though, particularly among video games: high-profile releases like Call of Duty: Vanguard, Guardians of the Galaxy, Demon’s Souls, and Hades are included, among several others, so you may be able to save a few bucks if you’re buying a handful of games for holiday gifts.
15 percent off various Fully Jarvis Standing Desk models at Amazon and Fully
We recommended Fully’s Jarvis line of standing desks in our Home Office Setup Guide last year due to its raft of useful customization options, solid warranty, and stylish design. Prices on the lineup have steadily risen over the past pandemic-addled year, but the company is currently running a sale that takes 15 percent off the Jarvis desks on Amazon (via on-page coupons) and its own online storefront.
For those looking to turn their existing workspace into a standing desk, the discount applies to the company’s Cooper standing desk converter, another recommendation from our guide, as well.
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (4K Ultra HD + Digital) for $60 at Amazon (clip $15 coupon—normally $75)
Using the on-page coupon drops this 4K UHD Blu-ray set of the classic Lord of the Rings film trilogy down to the joint-lowest price we’ve tracked. We reviewed this collection last year: while it’s relatively light on bonus features, its 4K and HDR upgrades make what was already a gorgeously shot set of films look even better, so if you’re into these flicks and have a high-end TV, now might be a good time to pounce.
Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion board game for $27 at Amazon (clip $5.33 coupon—normally $35)
The massive dungeon-crawler Gloomhaven is one of the most acclaimed hardcore tabletop experiences of recent years. But if you can’t find the time to finish that game’s 100+ hour campaign, its prequel Jaws of the Lion pares down many of the original’s complexities into a more digestible format. We reviewed it last year and largely found it to be a success, even if it’s still not something we’d call a “casual” romp. Up to four people can play in a game, with rounds lasting around 30-120 minutes.
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Lenovo Yoga 7i 2-in-1 laptop: Intel Core i5-1135G7, 14-inch 1080p, 12GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $715 at Lenovo via eBay (normally $850).
- HP Pavilion Aero 13 (be0097nr) laptop: AMD Ryzen 7 5800U, 13.3-inch 1920×1200, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $750 at HP (normally $950).
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Go laptop: Intel Core i5-1035G1, 12.4-inch 1536×1024, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD for $550 at Microsoft, Best Buy, and Walmart (normally $650).
- Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 2-in-1 laptop: Intel Core i3-10110U, 13.3-inch 1080p, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMC for $300 at Amazon (normally $360).
- SK Hynix Gold P31 (500GB) M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen 3 internal SSD for $59 at Amazon (clip 15% coupon—normally $73).
- WD Black SN750 SE (1TB) M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen 4 internal SSD for $100 at Western Digital (use code: SSDMEMBERS15—normally $125).
- 27-inch Dell S2721DGF gaming monitor: 1440p, IPS, 165 Hz (144 Hz over HDMI), FreeSync, G-Sync Compatible for $330 at Dell (normally $450).
TV and home entertainment deals
- The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (4K Ultra HD + Digital) for $60 at Amazon (clip $15 coupon—normally $75).
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K media streamer for $25 at Amazon and Best Buy (normally $35).
- Roku Streaming Stick 4K (2021) media streamer for $29 at Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy (normally $50).
- Roku Ultra 4K media streamer for $69 at Amazon, Best Buy, and Target (normally $83).
- 48-inch LG C1 (2021 model) 4K OLED TV for $1,097 at Amazon, Target, and Best Buy (normally $1,300).
- 55-inch LG C1 (2021 model) 4K OLED TV for $1,297 at Amazon, eBay (includes $120 credit), Best Buy, and Target (normally $1,500).
- 55-inch TCL 5-Series S535 (2020 model) 4K LED Roku TV for $499 at Amazon and Walmart (normally $590).
- 55-inch Hisense U7G (2021 model) 4K LED TV for $650 at Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart (normally $800).
- 55-inch Hisense U8G (2021 model) 4K LED TV for $750 at Amazon, Best Buy, and Walmart (normally $1,200).
- 55-inch Samsung QN85A (2021 model) 4K LED TV for $1,100 at Samsung, Amazon, and Best Buy (normally $1,350).
- 65-inch Samsung QN90A (2021 model) 4K LED TV for $1,700 at Samsung and Amazon (normally $2,100).